High Pressure (HP) Water Blasting
High Pressure Water Blasting uses a pump which forces water from a nozzle at pressures up to 1400 bar (This figure can differ somewhat from standard to standard). A very good method with some limitations. 1400 bar will not achieve HB2 (the hydro-blasting equivelant of SA2)
- No Clean up of grit
- Very good for sweeping large areas
- Removes almost all salts and contaminants
- Requires a lot of water
- Equipment is relatively expensive
- Will not achieve an HB2 standard (SA2 equivalent) which is required for most "hard" coats.
- Should be carried out by experienced people.